Further to my blogs on writing a book series, I would like now to report how the series Bill (Condon) and I are co-authoring. Today, 18 February, we have posted the first two completed book manuscripts in what we are calling Wild and Wacky Adventurers to a publisher. Along with the manuscripts is a publishing proposal which details such facts as the books’ and the series main strengths, viability of making income from the series, titles of all of the nine proposed books and the authors’ biographies.
The titles of the submitted manuscripts are Tazzie Wallaroo and the Abominable Snowman and Captain Offensnotty and Giddi Giddi Zombies. The books are between 3,500 and 4,000 words. They are chapter books, each with six chapters and are for readers aged 7 to 11 years. They are fast-paced, humorous and full of absurd situations and wacky characters. Our vision is that the books will be illustrated with black and white cartoons.
In our proposal, we have given the draft titles of the other seven proposed books which are:
1. Bin Bin Ooligah and the Butti Butti Bigfoot
2. Yungdrung Wung and the Watta-Wopping Volcano
3. Hardnut Hannigan and the Jewel of the Jungle
4. Oscar Bubblesquirt and the Pharoah’s Curse
5. Belinda McGoo and the Planet of Peril
6. Chumlee Crum and The Underground Lost City
7. Major Hootensnooten and the Year 2500
While we await a decision from the (Australian) publisher, we will continue writing these books. I’ll keep you advised when there are further developments!